We are one week away! Welcome all.
Excitement is building for our Wellness Program on August 6, 2022. Fred Jacoby has a wonderful toolbox of information to help us grow in awareness and good health.
It’s not too late to register. Here’s the link: https://bit.ly/3zQyzkB
Walk-ins are welcome. Cost $20 includes lunch. Pay online: https://bit.ly/3oI1tg5, at the door, or be our guest.
Here’s what you can expect:
8:00- 8:30 – Registration open, coffee and light refreshments available.
9:00 – Program begins with Fred Jacoby in Sanctuary
11:30 – Lunch in the café
12:30 – Choose one last session. We have four choices.
1. Question and Answer time with Fred Jacoby in sanctuary.
2. “Self-Awareness through a Trauma Informed Lens” – Lorraine Lee: Senior Training Consultation Specialist for Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care.
“Our brains are wired for connection, but trauma rewires it for protection.” - Ryan North
How we make sense of our world is shaped by our experiences during sensitive development periods in life. Discussing perceptions & building awareness of our thoughts, words, and behaviors is an important step towards improving health & wellbeing.
3. “It’s Not All in Your Head – The Mind Gut Connection” Dr. Leslie Meyer-Grimes
In this session we’ll discuss the gut-brain axis including:
· The influence of intestinal tract health on the brain
· The influence of the microbiota (gut bacteria) on mood and mental state
4. “Thought Ruts” – Jen Finkle BA: Certified Peer Counselor
Is your mind weary and anxious or do you have peace and clarity? Thought Ruts or negative thinking patterns can cause anxiety and depression. They can also affect our feelings and behaviors. Learn the four R's based on Cognitive Behavior therapy from a biblical perspective. Through the process of Recognize, Reject, Replace and Result you can create a positive change in your thought life, feelings and behaviors.
Gathering is our thing! So come early, stay late or visit us during the week. Our café is warm and inviting. Bring a friend and hang out: Wednesday – Friday 9-2:00. Saturdays 9-noon. We love to host meetings and events. So plan yours with us. We’ll take care of you!